Self Cleaning Filters
Many manufacturers of scraped surface self cleaning filters use ActionLaser LaserScreens as their filter screen. Typical styles include:
- Plunger scraped type, filtering from inside to outside.
- Internal rotating scraper type, filtering inside to outside.
- External scraper type, filtering outside to inside.
The smooth working face, tapered apertures and sharp aperture edges of LaserScreens deliver the following advantages in these types of filters:
- Improved screen life.
- Improved scraper life.
- Reduced screen clogging and higher throughput.
- Remarkably improved performance [versus other screen alternatives] when the process stream includes fine fibres or particulates that can change shape such as inks, gels, paints or polymers.
- Strong durable screens [high aspect ratio of screen thickness : aperture size]
- Optional hard chrome surface coating further improves abrasion resistance and screen life.
Popular aperture sizes range from 40 to 300 microns.
ActionLaser will custom perforate sizes to suit your application.